Friday 5 October 2012

Surealness with Dubsective!


Another new logo comes to your screens once again this Friday, but not a sketch nor the first stages of one but, the finished article itself!

Hi there Gibberish followers and new time readers! I am here again showing you lot something simple yet totally fun. This week I have been doing a logo design for a guy who goes by the name of, Dubsective. A music producer/DJ who fuses Glitch Hop, Dubstep, Drumstep and Drum 'n' Bass elements together for his tunes. He had a really nice simple logo, more like some kind of symbol that he made himself. It really, even though simplistic, had this real mysterious pull to it that drew you in to his music. He asked me if I could give it a gibberish spin and so I said I was more than happy to give it a go! I was still wanting to keep it simple and effective but at the same time something that oozed character (HA HA)! His original logo kept reminding me of some kind of face or mask in some way, like if it were tribal. Here is my version of it!

My Dubsective logo version


This is the old version so you can see the changes I put in! Not sure why but I so love the simplistic yet weird surreal nature of this logo. I guess in a way I made it less so because I made the circles clearly into eyes but I think I pulled it off well. Do you agree?

Original Dubsective logo






























Please, if you like your Electronica to be a wild 'n' crazy do check out Dubsective's Facebook page by clicking here!

OK that is another Friday's blog post finished and done! I am off to do some more stuff for Chemical Language and this guy who goes by the name of Coops! See you on Monday I hope for another Gibber Jabber stab at a blog post! So long my friends! Toodles!!


Or...


-------Big Ups!-----




No comments:

Post a Comment