Monday 16 September 2013

Ice Cream Adventures with Some Toooty Frutti!!


Ah, my first blog post after the summer holiday season and yes, it has been a long time since I wrote my last post! I hope everything is well with all you wonderful Gibberish Followers floating around cyber space! Now I guess yer time relaxing in the sun is over and your getting back to the slog of work huh?! Me, I've been busy, well, on and off really with two tee designs. One I started but took a break from. You know, my Pulp Fiction inspired tee, Undead Zed? This one I've just finished is my House Of 1000 Corpses/Devil's Rejects crossed with an old skool Disney cartoon feel design. I have actually enjoyed putting this together but I guess it may come as a bit of an odd ball mash up idea. Reason for this idea and to gel the two together is you know that Tutti Frutti scene in, The Devil's Rejects right? Well, that scene as you might well know was used to humanize these monster serial killers a bit more. This scene is a kind of joke on the old family road trip idea and to make these twisted freaks seem more relate-able to the audience a bit more. To have people laugh along side them, especially after that gruesome murder they just committed before this scene. I wanted to get across that jokey family vibe by using a Disney feel. I thought the two themes comes together well to describe this moment in the film. Fun for all the family, that is Disney cartoons right? Plus I used these colours to high light that old skool feel. Kind of pale in a way and nearly washed out.
So, what do you think? Please, I would love to know your thoughts on the idea. I was really thinking about how to write Tutti Frutti to. I thought of making the word Tutti more stretched out, kind of like how they say it in the scene, "Tutti fucking frutti!!". But also even though Looney Tunes/Toons has nothing to do with Disney the use of the double O's (and in my case triple) I would help make it feel like an old skool cartoon. But then again not too sure so your feedback would be so helpful peeps!!

Oh and before I forget, here is a look at what the design looks like on a few mock-up tees!!


I was thinking of putting a distressed look on it but I have never tried that before so not good at getting it right.

OK, enough with my gibber jabber already!! I am off to get some food in me belly! Hell, I think I might go for some Toooty Frutti Ice Cream Adventures!! So, until next time, stay tidy peeps! Toodles!!


Or...


-------Big Ups!-----



No comments:

Post a Comment